Sunday, February 3, 2008

Trust?




One of the definitions of trust is, "Firm reliance on the integrity, ability, or character of a person or thing." In the psalms trust is something that is brought up again and again as the one thing you can always do with God. That you can trust Him.

Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you. -Psalm 9:10

The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song. -Psalm 28:7

But I trust in you, O LORD; I say, "You are my God." -Psalm 31:14

Many are the woes of the wicked, but the LORD's unfailing love surrounds the man who trusts in him. -Psalm 32:10

In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me? -Psalm 56:4

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul. -Psalm 143:8

I was thinking today about this calling or a strong conviction I had when I was 15 years old that I was called into the ministry. I'm nearly 10 years into this journey. My idea of ministry is not what it was those 10 years ago. I know the final step I need to make to complete this journey of rediscovery is to just trust. That last Psalm, 143:8, is where my heart is, that if the LORD my God will "show the way I should go" that I'd go wherever he wants me to go. I'm not looking for the next best thing or somewhere else to go. I just have not taken that leap of faith and gone through the struggle of truly finding my calling. Which is why I wonder why I am even writing this. I'm struggling with what to do with my life. I just now my heart won't be content until I give myself over to something bigger then myself. And I'm just challenged to give my everything to the Kingdom of God that Jesus talked about...

No comments: