Sunday, July 13, 2008

Regrets that linger in the air

Even with gas prices being outta control right now, I still enjoy taking a sunday drive to clear the mind. Lately I've been spending a lot of time thinking about what to some of the problems I had during ages 21 to 24. I'm kinda in the "man, I regret how I acted there" stage of the thinking. Every time in my life God has finally got through to me, this is how the change happens in my life. He smacks me upside the head with a truth filled two-by-four and then opens my eyes to the truth I refused to live out. I have many regrets that I can't take back. I have said many vicious things that still linger in the air above me. I've got my hands on the plow and I'm not looking back and I can't look back for I fear the will be the death of me. If I turn around now, I'll turn into a pillar of salt and ruin the dreams I have for me. My heart is filled with pain of many past things that I will, in time, learn from. Right now, I live in the humbling place of honest regret. That place where in the bible they would put on sack cloth, shave their heads, pour ashes and recite lamentations to God.

1 comment:

ck said...

sometimes you gotta be broken way down before you can be built up.