Sunday, June 17, 2007

How God Works



Colossians 1:10ish-12 (the message)
"As you learn more and more how God works, you will learn how to do your work. We pray that you'll have the strength to stick it out over the long haul—not the grim strength of gritting your teeth but the glory-strength God gives. It is strength that endures the unendurable and spills over into joy, thanking the Father who makes us strong enough to take part in everything bright and beautiful that he has for us."



I was looking through some old notes on facebook and I came across the passage I had run across while reading through colossians. As I slowly get my life to where I want it to be, I find great peace in this passage. There's strength for everyday if I just ask God. And what a glorious strength that Paul describes. This strength is a glory-strength that endures all things and spills over into joy! That's the strength that I want my life to look like. The last three years I've been a poser pretending to be a follower of the way of Jesus. I was not living the truth that I had once made so known through my life. This over time is going to change. I'm finding strength in the daily routine of waking up at 7 or 8am and being a normal person. I had a very unhealthy lifestyle that was not a glory giving life that I wanted. There's a lot of change happening in my life and for once it's a good strength giving kind of change. I'm just at the point where I have no more excuses. I want my life to be a thanksgiving to "the Father who makes us strong enough to take part in everything bright and beautiful that he has for us." Amen.

No comments: