Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Welcoming back the God-light

I've been thinking about reality and how for nearly 4 years I didn't really want to deal with any sort of reality that would rain on my parade. Jesus says in John 3:19 [the message] "This is the crisis we're in: God-light streamed into the world, but men and women everywhere ran for the darkness. They went for the darkness because they were not really interested in pleasing God. Everyone who makes a practice of doing evil, addicted to denial and illusion, hates God-light and won't come near it, fearing a painful exposure. But anyone working and living in truth and reality welcomes God-light so the work can be seen for the God-work it is." God has poured out His life into my life the day I accepted the free grace that comes from admiting I've been rebelling against Him in my sin and that I turn from that sin to return to Him. Just like Jesus said, those who live in the darkness hate the light and in the last 4 years I've hiding, so I thought, in the dark areas of my life. I've made very ungodly unwise decisions lately. Are there consequences? Oh my gosh yes! I finally came within a hairs breath of becoming homeless. I was "addicted to denial and illusion" just like Jesus said I would be. The slow change that has been happening in my life has been in the "but" section of that verse. I've started letting God workin in my life that I can live in the "truth and reality" that comes from a God filled lifestyle. I'm slowly getting back to where i want to be. I'm committed to show that the God-work in my life is all giving Him glory and is about His grace not about my failures. I want my life "to be seen for the God-work it is." Amen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you've been thinking straight lately. Keep looking at the desires- Godly desires - of your heart and that will show you what your work in the Kingdom might be. The way God made you is a blueprint to what you're intended to do.