Friday, March 14, 2008

The Flying WV


The Flying WV symbol of the West Virginia Mountaineers is one of those things I love. I guess being born and raise a mountaineer fan you kinda fall in love with the flying WV. Not just because it represents the university but I think it has an endearing quality that links those West Virginians living all over the country. I have tons of memories being all over the eastern U.S. and smiling when I saw that Flying WV on car with a different state license. Why am I thinking about this? The Men and Women's WVU basketball teams are gearing up for my favorite sporting even in the known universe, outside the World Cup, known as the NCAA Tourney also known as MARCH MADNESS! No other sporting event besides the World Cup gets me this excited. The world cup is national pride, the NCAA Tourney is all about the upsets and my many brackets getting busted by a 12 seed making it to the Elite 8 or my sure fire number one seed losing in the second round and screwing up my final four. Either way, when the World Cup or the NCAA Tourney is one, I can hardly pull myself away from the TV. On that thought I'm going to scout some teams haha just kidding.

No comments: